By Benjamin A. Elman
Read Online or Download A Cultural History of Modern Science in China (New Histories of Science, Technology, and Medicine) PDF
Similar history & philosophy on science & nature books
Alfred Weber was once a huge player within the discussion over the political and cultural crises of the past due Empire and Weimar Republic. This learn connects Weber's occupation to the social, political, highbrow, cultural, and institutional contexts of the period.
Released in 1998, women within the Laboratory supplied a scientific survey and comparability of the paintings of 19th-century American and British girls in clinical learn. A spouse quantity, released in 2004, involved in girls scientists from Western Europe. during this 3rd quantity, writer Mary R. S. Creese expands her scope to incorporate the contributions of nineteenth- and early 20th-century girls of South Africa, Australia, New Zealand, and Canada.
Unmasking Ravel: New views at the track fills a distinct position in Ravel experiences via combining severe interpretation and analytical concentration. From the most popular of his works as much as the present,Ravel has been linked to mask and the comparable notions of artifice and imposture. This has led students to understand an absence of intensity in his song and, hence, to deter research of his musical language.
Die ausdehnungslehre von 1844, oder Die lineale ausdehnungslehre via Hermann Grassmann. This e-book is a replica of the unique publication released in 1878 and should have a few imperfections comparable to marks or hand-written notes.
- Die Tauben Nebst Ihren Verwandten, Ihre Naturgeschichte, Zucht, Wartung (German Edition)
- Thomas Kuhn's 'Linguistic Turn' and the Legacy of Logical Empiricism: Incommensurability, Rationality and the Search for Truth (Ashgate New Critical Thinking in Philosophy)
- Knowledge is Power (Icon Science): How Magic, the Government and an Apocalyptic Vision Helped Francis Bacon to Create Modern Science
- Secrets of Metals
- EPSA Philosophy of Science: Amsterdam 2009: 1 (The European Philosophy of Science Association Proceedings)
- The Forgotten Revolution: How Science Was Born in 300 BC and Why it Had to Be Reborn
Extra resources for A Cultural History of Modern Science in China (New Histories of Science, Technology, and Medicine)
A Cultural History of Modern Science in China (New Histories of Science, Technology, and Medicine) by Benjamin A. Elman